Job ID: R-51641
The Retirement Solutions Pricing team provides actuarial pricing support for Aviva’s whole Retirement Solutions product line. It is a multi-function team responsible for the trading and pricing development of Individual Annuity, Equity Release & Investment Platform products.
Equity Release is a key offering in this suite of retirement products, helping a wide range of customers to meet their retirement goals by releasing tax-free money from what is often their biggest asset. Aviva has been offering Equity Release since 1998, and we have helped over 200,000 customers release money from their homes.
The market has seen a period of unprecedented growth recently, with the market doubling in just over two years, and Aviva has ambitions to remain a top provider as the demand continues to grow.
This is a full time Actuarial Adviser role.
You would be required to assist the Equity Release Trading Manager in actuarial pricing of the Equity Release product. Your work would feed into key commercial decision-making & so have visibility to senior management within this business.
The successful candidate will have opportunities to contribute to:
- Support the commercial & competitive performance of the product line.
- Ownership, maintenance & development of rate calculation systems.
- Ad hoc actuarial analysis to support business change via the Pricing development teams
- Pricing of individual special deals
The successful candidate will have exposure to a wide range of departments within Aviva UK Life such as Propositions, Transformation, IT, Finance, Operations, Distribution and Risk, so will need to develop good working relationships with these areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Trading part of the Equity Release Pricing team.
- Supporting business change projects.
- Assisting the wider Retirement Solutions business unit in achievement of key objectives.
- Embedding TCF within area of responsibility.
- Retirement Solutions Pricing team
- Heads Of & Managers across the Retirement Solutions business
- Retirement Solutions Propositions teams
- Transformation, IT & Finance project teams
- Distribution & Direct sales management
- Finance & Finance Business Partnering
Skills & Experience required
- Graduate calibre or qualified through previous experience relevant to the role.
- No requirement or expectation that the successful candidate must complete the Actuarial exams.
- Highly numerate and analytical with proven capability to interpret data & develop solutions to complex problems.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Capacity to work positively under time pressure and to manage a varied workload.
- Curiosity and attention to detail.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Active contributor to team success & knowledge sharing.
- Motivated to develop holistic business understanding, from end customer to shareholder results.
- Experience of standard Microsoft Office programs, e.g. MS Excel, MS Word
- Knowledge of Equity Release helpful (but not essential)
Salary: Circa £24,300 dependent on skills & experience.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method plese click on the "Apply Now" button.
You will be assessed against the Aviva core values: Care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.