Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 37.5
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re now looking for a Demand Forecasting Analyst to join our Trading and Demand Forecasting Team in Warwick to help us continue to make that difference.
The Demand Forecasting and Trading Team manage the risks around energy purchasing for customers, using bespoke demand forecasting tools and access to energy wholesale markets. The role combines critical operational duties and the research and development of new tools to manage the energy requirements of our customer base.
The Demand Forecasting Analyst role involves developing, maintaining and running a variety of energy demand forecasting models. It requires a keen attention to detail and the ability to quickly resolve and escalate issues and ideas. This is a focussed environment where timeliness and accuracy of delivery is of prime importance. Although the role will concentrate mainly on demand forecasting, there will be some involvement in trading activities.
Areas of specific responsibility
- To run, analyse and develop demand forecasting models for gas and electricity, using a mixture of spreadsheets, databases and bespoke software.
- To provide detailed analysis and reporting of business data in trading, demand forecasting, weather and other areas.
- To carry out wholesale purchases of gas and electricity, based on demand forecasts and hedging strategy.
- To assist with reporting and checking of industry notifications for electricity and gas.
- Any other reasonable duties based on the needs of the business.
- Experience of modelling with any of Excel, VBA, SQL, R or similar software.
- Qualified to degree level in science, maths, economics or related subject, or equivalent level experience.
- Strong numerical and analysis skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly and concisely at all levels.
- Energy experience desirable but not essential.
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension, option to purchase childcare vouchers, and become eligible for our staff energy tariff along with other great ad-hoc offers.
We believe in putting energy into looking after our teams, so you’ll benefit from BUPA Private Healthcare, cycle to work scheme, a great working environment with relaxation areas to recharge your batteries and free soft drinks available all day. We also have “Fruity Friday” where fresh fruit is available every week for all employees.