Digital .NET Developer - Azure, Agile DevOps
Salary : Very competitive + Company Bonus & Benefits Scheme
Location : Bristol
Job type : Permanentr
Job Ref : 1647
Closing date : 30th June 2017
We are the RAC. We are a UK super brand. We are starting off on a massive journey of Digital Change and Transformation.
We are currently seeing massive success around our Connected Car technology and Telematics. We are building our Big Data environment and driving business decisions and revenue from it. We are Digitalising our business from how we look, sound and feel, to new technologies, platforms and ways of working.
We follow Agile, we are building our DevOps environment and we are working with onsite Microsoft staff to implement Azure, a new cloud platform and other modern ways of working.
Currently, we are looking to further enhance our Digital Development function through the recruitment of additional .NET Developers who are keen to progress their career and make an impact at one of the UK's most recognised UK super brands during this exciting time.
The role will be a varied one, but you will be at the heart beat of our company wide Development activities:
- Defining and refining requirements with the team, implementing and maintaining a wide range of dynamic and interactive websites
- Optimizing for speed and compatibility; adding features that contribute to the website without sacrificing quality
- Assist clients with the formulation of their web strategies
- Work within project management schedules to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with other members of our team to ensure consistency with the overall goals of each project and client expectations
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications
To be successful we will be looking for things like:
- Proven and solid experience developing websites and web based applications
- Experience with Agile and full life cycle of software development
- Strong experience with ASP.NET and MVC and of .NET framework and C#
- Ability to install own tools, compile and maintain own code
- Strong communication, problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to focus under pressure and deal with ambiguity
Obviously, any prior experience of MS Azure would be great!
As Britain's longest standing motoring organisation, we have been rescuing motorists and championing their rights for the last 117 years. With our breakdown, insurance, Connected Car & Telematics technology, online retail, car purchase, approved garage offerings, we are a one-stop shop for the nation's motorists.
It's an exciting time to join this iconic brand.
These roles are based in our Bristol office, where you will find free parking, a proper 'Digital environment, onsite coffee shop, onsite canteen, changing rooms and showers and gardens to chill out in.
Come with us on the journey!