Matlab / Data Analytics Engineer
Job Ref. 2603
We are the RAC. We are a UK super brand. We are at the forefront of motoring services and vehicle technologies, including market leading Telematics and Connected Car solutions.
We are looking to recruit someone who wants to join our Telematics team in Bristol, who has strong skills in Matlab software and who can perform data analysis on telemetry and claims data within an existing Matlab framework.
Opportunities to work for a UK super brand in this exciting space don`t come around that often.
The role will be a varied one but include:
To support and implement the Telematics proposition, by providing assistance in undertaking a crucial function within the RAC Telematics department.
As part of the Telematics Development team, this position shall be responsible for data analytics and mathematical modelling to develop and maintain the driver scoring and crash analysis functions.
The role will also cover the integration of other existing data sources within the Telematics platform and the extraction of commercially relevant value from them.
- Perform data analysis on telemetry and claims data within existing Matlab framework
- Provide support for provision of new scoring models to support insurer requirements
- Assist with structured investigation of viability of integrating multiple data sources into the existing scoring and crash classification algorithms
- Undertakes detailed analysis of data and mining for insights and employs modelling techniques that offer actionable marketing benefits, informing the organization`s or client`s strategy
- Integrates data analysis and models into commercial systems which support marketing and product management/development decision making
- Develops new analysis methodologies and influences design of technologies supporting future analytical capabilities
- Communicate confidently and professionally with all customers, suppliers and colleagues delivering exceptional service at all times.
- Take ownership of enquiries and requests, providing timely resolution
- Maintain knowledge by keeping updated daily on briefs/training aids and taking ownership for completing own research on products/competitors.
- Process support requests within agreed service levels
- Effective handling of simultaneous contact types
- Carry out analysis on reported problems and resolving them by using a variety of resources
- Document, track, communicate and escalate issues
- Convey key concepts to product development to help define new features, product enhancements, and potential future market requirements.
This role is based at our fantastic Bristol super center, just off the M5 in Bradley Stoke. The site has a real buzz around it and includes on site free parking, onsite coffee shop, onsite canteen, showers and changing rooms - as well as gardens to take a break in and walk around.
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications
We are looking for specific skills for this role:
- Highly proficient with Matlab software for numerical analysis
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Particularly Microsoft Excel.)
- Ability to learn and pick up quickly on IT systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience using MATLAB for application design is highly desirable
- Able to apply statistical and other investigational techniques to large datasets
- If you are familiar with machine learning and other advanced analytical approaches, then that is a massive bonus
- Experience delivering insight on data via processing and visualisation
- Experience producing technical reports
- Able to communicate complex ideas to different stakeholders including colleagues and customers of varying technical backgrounds
- Experience delivering presentations at various levels
Any experience of R, Python, AWS or Azure would also be extremely beneficial.
This is a great role where you will be exposed to our latest Telematics and Connected Car solutions.
Come with us on the journey!