At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
A Service Lifecycle Analyst works in Service Management team ensuring continuous improvement in service availability levels across Gaming products: Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Poker and Sky Bingo and liaising with other 3rd parties that provide services. Working in partnership with their peers they will manage in-flight incidents and a post-mortem, (report to glean insight from service metrics). Manage change control and release management processes within the tribe.
Who are you:
- You will bring experience and knowledge of the major ITIL disciplines including Change, Incident, Problem and Configuration Management.
- Self-motivated with energy and drive for continuous improvement and a focus on delivering results.
- An excellent communicator with an ability to relay complex technical issues to internal colleagues and external third parties and suppliers.
- Proven customer facing and problem solving skills with ability to work in a team and with all levels of stakeholders, with good influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Web & Mobile technologies (front and back-end), and the software delivery lifecycle. Experience of service management software (Cherwell, Confluence, Jira and other service monitoring and management tools) a distinct advantage.
How you'll do it:
- Reporting to the Service Lifecycle Manager you will:
- Validating all change requests for the Tribe owning and managing the management of scheduling clashes and risk to the Infrastructure. Driving improvements using routine change templates and communicating service-ss;impacting changes to relevant stakeholders and third parties.
- Raise and track all Problem records for the Tribe to drive improvements and reduce Incident recurrence and overall volumes using proactive trending.
- Own the Configuration Management for the Tribe ensuring all Business to Technical service mapping is correct and updating the CMDB to reflect changes to the platforms.
- Support the SLM on output/actions from service review meetings with both internal teams and third party providers.
- Support SLM with Incident Management across Gaming products and also support Single User Fault issues with Contact Centre SUF team.
- Produce reports as required by your Tribe to track service performance and availability including the weekly and monthly scorecards that the SLMs own.
- Facilitate the delivery of service improvement activity (SIPs), ensure the timely delivery of agreed actions and service enhancements across the platform.
- Provide cover for the SLM and other SLAs within Service Operations in their absence, which would include chairing the weekly internal service review meeting, third party service meetings and completing weekly reporting metrics.
How we work:
- We work as Service Management and Operations teams within Gaming tribe to ensure strong focus is maintained for Service Quality and Platform Stability.
- We believe in a culture where you are free to experiment - if you make a convincing pitch - no-one is going to say no
- We work together as a team and will support you even when things don't work - it's ok to fail as long as we learn from mistakes and use that knowledge to make us more effective in future
- We work cross Tribe with other SLMs to support each other and agree ways of working for Service Management across Sky Betting and Gaming
How we work:
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a high level of interpersonal skill is important to us.
- We are supporting squads running their apps in containers on Kubernetes. This is a new platform for SB&G, so working with other teams to learn pros/cons etc is important.
- We use various agile techniques; you must be comfortable either working through tasks on your own, or collaborating with others.
- You will need to demonstrate good levels of skill in some of the following: Linux sysadmin, networking, containers, AWS, VMWare.
- We expect candidates to be comfortable working in a highly technical environment, with various regulatory concerns.
- We value previous experience developing and operating high-demand & high-availability environments.
- Our '10% time' policy means Friday afternoons are your time to remain at the top of your game.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business.