Location : London, SE1 0TA
Salary : Competitive market rate
- Are you an enthusiastic and passionate Linux/Windows Systems Engineer?
- Do you have technical expertise of Web and Linux/Windows and enjoy automation?
- Do you have a passion for collaboration; working with Developers and Technical Architects?
If so, then the Totaljobs Group want to speak to you. You will be responsible for providing 3rd line support and delivering project-based enhancements to our core infrastructure and operations management technology for the Totaljobs Group sites over a six month contract.
As well as that, the Systems Engineer will be involved in a wide range of activities, including ensuring the availability, capacity, security and manageability of the infrastructure. Designing, implementing and co-ordinating enhancement projects to the core infrastructure and managing 3rd party resources to achieve strategic objectives and rapidly changing and dynamic requirements in a challenging and high pressure environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Provision of 3rd level support for critical site incidents
- Design and implementation of project-based enhancements
- Monitoring the capacity and performance of the core server infrastructure
- Evaluation and selection of suitable products to meet strategic goals
- Mentoring and skills transfer
What we need from you:
- AWS - Cloud/Web Technologies
- Windows 2003/2008/2012/R2
- VMware / Virtual Server
- Chef, Puppet, Jenkins or Docker
- IIS v6 / v7
- Scripting - VBScript or PowerShell
- .Net knowledge
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- The ability to lead others, balancing directive, coaching and facilitative leadership styles.
- An agile evangelist; committed to continuously delivering value and to try new approaches in small iterative steps.
Established since 1999, the Totaljobs Group is the UK's largest & fastest growing online recruitment advertising business. We're owned by the StepStone Group, an internationally successful job board business that operates in over 22 countries.
We have 450 employees across the UK and a fast paced, exciting, innovative culture.
As employers we value talent, integrity, innovation and results whilst respecting our employee's work-life balance, freedom and appetite for challenge and recognition, which is why we have been voted one of the top companies to work for in the UK, 10 years running!
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.